A scathing article written by Amanda Watt was published on July 18th, 2009 in the Brisbane Courier Mail QWeekend Magazine. Titled “The Eye of the Needle”, Amanda’s article was a scathing account of the damage being done by Australia’s anti-vaccination lobby, the Australian Vaccination Network. Amanda tells the story of David and Toni McCaffery, who lost their 4 week old baby, Dana to whooping cough, contracted before she was old enough to receive the vaccine. Dana lived in an area where up to one third of people are not fully vaccinated, leaving communicable diseases plentiful opportunity to spread. You can read the full story as a PDF.
- Was 2016 really that bad?
- NSW government to investigate AVsN fund-raising
- Skeptics stand by Bent Spoon nomination
- Vic Skeptics pull off an excellent convention
- 2016 Skeptics awards – Spoon to Wilyman, Skeptic of the Year to Harvey and Vickers
- US FTC says homeopathy marketing claims “likely misleading and in violation of Act”