A scathing article written by Amanda Watt was published on July 18th, 2009 in the Brisbane Courier Mail QWeekend Magazine. Titled “The Eye of the Needle”, Amanda’s article was a scathing account of the damage being done by Australia’s anti-vaccination lobby, the Australian Vaccination Network. Amanda tells the story of David and Toni McCaffery, who lost their 4 week old baby, Dana to whooping cough, contracted before she was old enough to receive the vaccine. Dana lived in an area where up to one third of people are not fully vaccinated, leaving communicable diseases plentiful opportunity to spread. You can read the full story as a PDF.
- Why cognitive dissonance helps some people entrench their beliefs
- Infamous anti-vaxxer doco coming to Australia (updated)
- Government responds to medicine review
- Latest on Convention – single-day tickets, special events
- Free tickets to Ben Goldacre talk – winners announced
- Chiro Board responds to Skeptics’ concerns