A scathing article written by Amanda Watt was published on July 18th, 2009 in the Brisbane Courier Mail QWeekend Magazine. Titled “The Eye of the Needle”, Amanda’s article was a scathing account of the damage being done by Australia’s anti-vaccination lobby, the Australian Vaccination Network. Amanda tells the story of David and Toni McCaffery, who lost their 4 week old baby, Dana to whooping cough, contracted before she was old enough to receive the vaccine. Dana lived in an area where up to one third of people are not fully vaccinated, leaving communicable diseases plentiful opportunity to spread. You can read the full story as a PDF.
- United action by Skeptics on anti-vax presentation – Sydney Council under fire
- 2017 Bent Spoon to NICM; Skeptic of the Year Christine Bayne
- Join the Skeptics
- Northern Territory healer permanently banned
- Surfing on Gravity Waves – a new means of space travel?
- “Illegal” for health funds to support some ‘natural’ therapies
Sign up to receive news!
The Skeptic magazine