A scathing article written by Amanda Watt was published on July 18th, 2009 in the Brisbane Courier Mail QWeekend Magazine. Titled “The Eye of the Needle”, Amanda’s article was a scathing account of the damage being done by Australia’s anti-vaccination lobby, the Australian Vaccination Network. Amanda tells the story of David and Toni McCaffery, who lost their 4 week old baby, Dana to whooping cough, contracted before she was old enough to receive the vaccine. Dana lived in an area where up to one third of people are not fully vaccinated, leaving communicable diseases plentiful opportunity to spread. You can read the full story as a PDF.
- Same-sex marriage ballot: Skeptics say ‘yes’ to science
- NSW Parliament: No conscientious objection to vaccination
- “Top clairvoyant” refuses Skeptics’ $100,000 challenge
- Combination MMRV vaccines second-dose cleared of risk of febrile seizures
- Update – the missing homeopathy submission
- Tickets available for Skeptics Convention dinner