You’d have to be living in a cave to not be aware that we are in midst of an epidemic of H1N1 Influenza, commonly known as Swine Flu. This is the same flu responsible for 1918-1919 pandemic that killed millions, so understandably world health organizations are tracking it very carefully. There is also a large scale effort underway to produce and distribute a vaccine as soon as possible, which has led some critics asking just how safe will a fast tracked flu vaccine be? Steven Novella (academic clinical neurologist and host of the popular sceptical podcast the Skeptics’ Guide to the Universe) explains why the H1N1 vaccine will be just as safe as any other seasonal flu vaccine. Read Steve’s full blog here.
- Ban homeopathy in pharmacies, says industry review
- Skeptics offer help for National Convention ancillary events
- Queen’s Birthday honour for Ken Harvey
- Edith Cowan Uni bans crystal healing training seminars
- “Experimental” Webster technique approved by Chiropractic Australia
- Pro-vaccine measures in 2017 Budget