UPDATE: The winners of the Ben Goldacre competition were Karl Hemphill and Glenn Hilling, both of Victoria. We’d like to thank all of the people who entered – with a 100% success rate on getting the correct answers.
Noted Skeptic, scientist and author Ben Goldacre is giving a series of presentations in Brisbane, Melbourne, and Sydney later this month.
Australian Skeptics has two tickets to give away – one ticket each for two people who can answer three questions about Ben’s life and career.
Answers must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before midnight on September 7 (and to be clear, that’s the end of September 7, not the beginning). The first two correct entries drawn at random after that time will be given a free ticket to the Evening with Ben Goldacre event in their city of choice:
• Brisbane – Thursday, September 22, Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre
• Melbourne – Friday, September 23, Melbourne Convention & Exhibition Centre
• Sydney – Sunday, September 25, Enmore Theatre
Entries must include your name, contact number, email and preferred city for Ben’s presentation. Only one entry per person.
More information on Ben’s tour is available from the organisers, Think Inc.
Ok, here are the questions:
• Which person in the Australian science field is Ben Goldacre’s uncle?
• In 2006, Ben appeared in a TV show called Screenwipe. Who did he appear as?
• Which chapter did not appear in the original edition of his book Bad Science, and why?