At every Australia Skeptics National Convention there is a formal dinner – the social highlight of an already highlight-full event. And Skepticon 2017 will be no exception.
The dinner will be held on Saturday, November 18, at the Sheraton on the Park Grand Ballroom, Elizabeth Street, Sydney.
It promises to be a grand event in its own right.
The ticketed dinner will cost $130pp, and includes:
• A three course meal plus coffee/tea
• All drinks (wine, beer and soft drinks)
• Musical entertainment from Rhian Sheehan, award-winning music producer and screen composer from New Zealand. Known for his fusion of atmospheric-post-rock with electronic and chamber music.
• Magician/comedian Eli Bosnick, podcaster on God Awful Movies and The Scathing Atheist.
• The annual Skeptics Awards will be announced – the Skeptic of the Year, Thornett Award for the Promotion of Reason, and the least sought-after award of the year, the Bent Spoon to the Perpetrator of the Most Preposterous Piece of Pseudoscientific Piffle.
Not to mention the conviviality and fun of the largest annual gathering of Skeptics in Australia.
The Sheraton on the Park is only a short walk from the convention venue at the City Recital Hall, Angel Place, Sydney. All are welcome to this kid-friendly event.
Tickets are available from the Australian Skeptics shop, or by phoning the executive officer on 02 8094 1894.
We look forward to seeing you at this gala social event.
• Location – Sheraton on the Park, 161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, opposite Hyde Park
• Time: Drinks from 6.30pm in the foyer, followed by the dinner in the Grand Ballroom from 7.00pm
• Inclusions: 3-course meal, drinks (as above), entertainment, awards
• Cost: $130pp
• Tickets – Via Australian Skeptics’ online shop or 02 8094 1894.